Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Vacation!!

Clint finished up his boards last week so we have been very busy celebrating. The Wednesday before last we left for Athens to see all of Clint's immediate family. Some of Clint's family owns a lake house there and so we spent a long weekend visiting and catching up with them. We went jet skiing, boating, fishing and eating. The weather was great so we spent lots of time outside.

This past Friday we left for another lake house. This time we went to Breckenridge Texas (between Abilene and Fort Worth) where some of our friends parent's have a lake house. Once again we boated, jet skied, and this time instead of a bunch of kids there were a bunch of dogs. The grand total was 5 dogs. Yikes! It was an absolute blast hanging out with friends, laughing, swimming, eating and playing. I think I could do that every day.

On Thurday, June 17, Bobbi had her baby. Jaxon Lewis Keese was 8 lbs. 5 oz. and has a head full of hair. I went up to Plano Friday before we left to see mama and baby. They are both doing well. I am so happy for them and I know they will be great parents.

And besides that, I am working on finishing my goals that I had set for myself last year. (I wrote a post on it back in October of last year.) I have a few more to go. Also, I am looking into becoming a lactation consultant. I have been thinking about it for a while and I think I would really enjoy doing it but I have to look into a bit more. I love what I am doing for now but it definitely isn't something I want to do long term. It is just a matter of logistics at this point. Clint has 2 more years for sure in Fort Worth and then he starts his residency where we could be moving any number of places. Plus we want to start a family somewhere in there so it could get difficult to add something else in the mix!

Sweet baby Jaxon. Just one day old.

Clint and I at the lake house with friends. The picture is blurry, I know. Darn you iphone...
Okay, this picture was supposed to show our friends but Clint decided to show off the poker set... I don't know. Anyway, in this picture is Clint, Claire, Colby, Stephanie and the back of Daniel. Stephanie made a fruit pizza (yum!) to celebrate Clint and Brad's birthdays.
This is one of the dogs at the lake house. He was being crated and I thought he looked like one of those dogs on the commercials for neglected and abused animals so I took a picture. This is Duke. He is an idiot but we all love him.
This was all the food we got at Sam's for the weekend. It was out of control. But really it was the cheapest vacation ever. We were gone from Friday to Monday and we each spent about $80. Pretty crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the documentation. I'll post pics soon when I get out from underneath these assignments. PS- That is 100% Claire in the picture. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Clint and YAY for summer vacation!!! Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete