Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ski Trip 2010

Without further ado...Ski trip 2010!! We were very happy this past year that we were able to go on one last ski trip before baby M makes his/ her debut! When we made plans to go, I wasn't pregnant but we talked to Clint's dad and he gave me the okay as long as I took it easy. I was only able to ski one day. (And it was tough even then. I almost had to call ski patrol because my lungs and legs didn't want to cooperate. But luckily I had some good friends to encourage me!) We made some great memories with some good friends!

"Oh man, that was a loooooong drive here...."

"But I'm so excited!!"
The whole gang at Keystone. There was: Andrew Sullivan, Brad and Stephanie Barham, Clint and I, Joanna and Colby Brownlee, Claire and Daniel Townsend. (Two of our group had already bailed. Kaylann and Austin. They were dealing with a broken wrist.)


It was cold. Really cold. We all ran outside in our t-shirts so we could experience below zero temperatures. (Except Clint, he grabbed his jacket. Fuddy- duddy as we say.)

At night, we just hung out and played games. This is Daniel recreating a fall that Clint had when they went to take out the trash. The parking lot was pretty icey the whole time. The poor Vibe had a hard time on it. So did Clint.


My brave husband on the last day. Bundled up!!


And this is why he was brave. He took a picture of one of the billboards warning people to be careful.

It says the high was 6. No, apparently it never made it there. The high ended up being around 4 and that was in town. Not on the mountain! Yikes!!


And we got to celebrate New Years the last night! That was a lot of fun to get to do that up in the beautiful mountains! Everyone was really tired so it was pretty subdued but fun none the less.


All the girls!



Last but not least. The reason we enjoy skiing and don't mind driving so far. God is in the mountains. What a wonderful and amazing creation He has made. For us.





It was a great trip! And now, one of these days, we get to take our kids up there and show them the majesty of God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment