Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some Random Comments

I wanted to just say some things here that have been on my mind lately that are totally and completely random...

1. Why is that billboards NEVER have all the letters needed, for example, here are a couple that I have seen over the last few days:
" 44 cents - Amy fountain driwk" I guess buying 5 "N"s was entirely too costly.

"Al on sale" Al is on sale?!?!?

2. I LOVE the not so new CD by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. It's called "Raising Sand". It's a blend of bluegrass, "old" rock and also acoustic all mixed in. Mom, I think you would like it. He played with Steve Miller and you can definitely hear some Zepplin/ Beatles in the music (at least to me.)

3. I'm obsessed with blogging. I think about it entirely too much during my day. This could also be another sign that I need a job.

4. Flying is finally growing on me. We went to El Paso this weekend( pics and blog to come I have to use Clint's laptop to upload pics and he uses it for school) and on the way home I wasn't nearly as scared. Seriously, every time I get on a plane, I assume I'm going to die. I pray and pray before we get on, then when we take off, I look the other way, grip the armchair and Clint's hand, and literally sweat a little until all I can see are clouds. Once we are up that high I'm okay because my theory is we are more likely to survive once we get up there because we can "coast" down. I know this is totally irrational but it's the way I look at it. I hate landing the most. It's bumpy, loud, and fast. This time we sat near the wing and it's way loud when the wing parts start preparing for landing. I always think a piece of the plane is falling off, Clint has to remind me every time that it is supposed to make that noise. Also, once you land, you realize how fast you are going and that's pretty creepy too. But this time I did really well. I just decided that I'm not going to be scared anymore and actually taking off is kind of fun because you go so fast!

5. I think Obama should forget about being president and go into selling cars. He is so well spoken and suave, he could probably sell me just about anything. Also, he would make way more money. The president makes like 100k or something like that. By now he could own like 5 Ford dealerships. He could be the person keeping Ford afloat. I truely believe he could sell a huge diesel dually to an 80 year old woman.

Well, that's it for now. I promise to post pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! I almost laughed out loud when I read "Amy fountain driwk." (And I'm at work, so laughing out loud is discouraged.) Also, I love your theory about how if something goes wrong on a plane when you're up high, you can just "coast" down. Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I'm glad I made you laugh (on the inside).

    ReplyDelete