Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Well folks, I really thought I was done with blogging.  Between a new baby (who isn't so new anymore), following Clint wherever medical school took him and LIFE I thought I was done blogging.  Then, I went over to a fellow resident's wife's house and there on her coffee table was a beautiful photo album of their family.  She went on to tell me that she just took her posts from her blog and put them into the book.  Genius.  Then I saw her blog and all my other friend's blogs and I realized I wasn't done.  I love writing (I didn't know this until recently).  I love documenting our lives with pictures.  And I love to keep up with my friends through their blogs so I thought they might like to do the same.  So here I am.

I'm trying to find a way to do this simply and without taking up lots of time.  As I don't have much to spare.  I'm thinking of blogging with pictures of activities every two weeks since we don't do too much around here that would warrant more posts.  But I would also like to focus some on food as well.  Not that I'm making and creating awesome dishes but I think food tells a lot about where we are in life.  Like when I was in college I ate mostly frozen dinners.  When I was newly married I made more things from scratch but we ate out a lot because we were both working and getting used to our new life.  After about 3 years of marriage and moving to Fort Worth, plus doing lots of research on where our food comes from, how the land and animals are used, etc.  I began a totally new way of looking, cooking and eating my food.  I now go to the farmer's market, eat mostly fresh food rather than boxed, canned or frozen and we eat meat (that's grazed on their natural foods) at home once a week.  So with that being said, once a month or so, I'll try to highlight something I've never made before or an old family favorite to help capture what's going on that month.

I don't know if anyone will be reading these early posts.  Maybe as I "spread the word"  I'll get a few people to check it.  Either way, here goes.  The McHenry Blog...Part 2.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I love keeping up with friends through their blogs. And I'm very excited to see what you're cooking. As you know, I'm trying to move toward more fresh foods and humanely-raised meats, so it's always good to see others' ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we'll have lots of things to talk about on Labor Day weekend. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. You're BAAAACK!!! I was shocked when I saw the update in our blogroll! Blog to print is a great website and I definitely plan on using it. Great way to capture memories over the year! Miss you sweet friend, and looking forward to your recipe ideas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have checked your blog at least once a week the entire time you weren't blogging! I just knew you would come back!! I look forward to getting glimpses into your life as you blog (of course, I am blessed now to be able to get up-close glimpses as well). Welcome to Waco and welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for blogging! I am so glad you have started out again and thanks for your kind words. Looking forward to reading your posts! Very Excited!

    ReplyDelete