Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year, Clint and I decided to do our favorite thing...eat. We went to a place called Simply Fondue in downtown Fort Worth. Our reservations were for 8:45 on Friday. They called us a few hours before to confirm our reservation but also to tell us they had a complementary valet. Which was awesome because we were thinking we would have to leave really early so we could find free parking (if we even found that). So we got there early and we checked on our reservation and they weren't ready for us yet. We went upstairs (because the restaurant was in the basement of this building) and there was an art gallery with sculptures, impressionist paintings, vases, etc. It was really beautiful (and really expensive). So anyway, we spent 20 to 30 minutes up there and then went down to the restaurant. We were seated around 8:45. The waiter came and we ordered our salad and our first course which is the cheese fondue. We picked a Mediterranean cheese fondue so it had pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic along with the cheese. Our waiter made the fondue at our table and then brought us our sides to dip. We had different kinds of bread and also lots of veggies, it was so yummy. Then we had our main course. For our meats, we picked shrimp, tuna, Jamaican jerk and teriyaki chicken, beef tenderloin and beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Also on the plate with the meat were more veggies, like sweet potatoes and mushrooms. He also brought us dipping sauces which included cream cheese to stuff the mushrooms and a batter to fry the mushrooms in. It was delicious! And then, finally, we had dessert. We picked the dark chocolate fondue. So we had 2 plates (I'm sorry to say!) of marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, cake, cherries, and brownie to dip in our chocolate!! It was awesome. When we got in the car, it was 11:20. We had been eating for over 2 hours! We were absolutely stuffed. But, it was so much fun just getting to talk and eat with no other distractions. I took some pictures and I'll post those when I get a chance. We didn't really do gifts or anything but Clint did buy me some flowers and he got me some sconces off the Internet (what husband buys sconces... I don't know, and truly he does a better job of picking things out like that than I do). Saturday we woke up at 10:30, which is really late for us. And we didn't eat until 4 or 5 that day. We were still so full! That night we made stew and watched a movie. It was a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if my comment appears twice! It didn't show up the first time.
    I'm so happy you have a blog now, so I can keep up with you! That sounds like a great Valentine's Day. Darby and I went to The Melting Pot in Ft. Worth for our anniversary last year, and it was sooo good!
    About my toe...I had a funky mole that needed to be removed. To make a long story short, I ended up having to go to the plastic surgeon to get it done b/c my toe didn't have enough skin on it. It hurt A LOT! I've been limping around since Thursday, but it's finally getting better. :)

    ReplyDelete