Sunday, May 17, 2009

Book Blog and Some Random Stuff

Some of you may be aware that the new Harry Potter movie comes out in July. I cannot wait. I've been looking on the web for all the trailers they have released and it looks awesome! So anyway, that leads to my book which is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I read it when it came out but I re-read it because I had forgotten a lot. It is such a good book. I love the whole series.

I also have been meaning to write about some of the funny things I have experienced while working at Calloway's. Calloway's is a nursery and is one of the nicer nurseries in Ft Worth. So it tends to attract a more "uppity" crowd. With that in mind, here are a few funny stories.

When I first started working there, a lady came in with three very dead shrubs. She told me how she had tried everything to revive them, but nothing had worked. I said that was fine and asked if she had her receipt. She pulls out this old carbon copy receipt from 1997. Yes, that's right. She had kept that receipt for 12 years! The plants had been just fine for about 11 1/2 of those years. I told her I would have to get my manager to approve the return. My manager asked her at what point she thought it was the plants fault and not Calloway's? I don't think the lady appreciated that. She got all her money back.

Another time, a lady came in and bought probably $150 worth of plants. After she paid, she began removing all the price tags off the plants. She told me, her husband didn't need to know how much they all cost.

At Calloway's, it isn't surprising to see BMW's, Lexus', Range Rovers' etc. out in the parking lot. In fact, there is usually at least one of those cars out there. The women come in with huge diamond rings, expensive clothes and huge hair. The men carry themselves with an air of importance. But they do not mind fighting you tooth and nail for $1 off of a purchase! "The sign says these are on sale for $3.48 and you charged me $4.59!" (This was an actual quote.) I guess that's why they have so much money, they are so mean to people, they end up getting whatever they want.

So anyway, I really enjoy Calloway's but I thought these were just some of the sillier things that have happened to me. Have a good week everybody!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to know you have a blog. Now I will have to stock you, and read about all the things you and Clint are doing! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and by stock, I mean making sure you are in stock at a store. So yeah...stalk (?)...I can't spell.

    ReplyDelete