Thursday, June 4, 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

I haven't posted anything about my babies in quite some time. So here is an update. I don't know why this text is underlined. (Sigh) This is the first of the harvest. It isn't quite ripe, but I can tell you it will be a big day around here when we finally get to eat it! This one is from our grape tomato plant. We counted it up and there are about 20 tomatoes on the plant but they are a lot smaller.
These are the green beans mom sent us home with. Mom's garden is really awesome. It puts mine to shame. But that's okay. It's been fun calling her about my plants her calling me about her's. I don't know how many times I called saying "Mom, I think my plant is dying!" They weren't.
These are the bell peppers. This was the funnest plant to grow. I had no idea how they grew or what would happen. First, the leaves are large and dark green. Little white flowers start blooming and then the flower starts to die. Behind the flower, a little green bulge emerges. Within a day the little bulges are quarter sized. A day later, they are golf ball sized. It was amazing to see how quickly these guys grew.

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy!!! Great job Whitney... If I had a garden everything would be DEAD! You're such a cute little gardener! :)

    ReplyDelete