Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blair Lee Gaines


Blair Lee made her debut March 17,2009! She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long. She was about a week early. Kassie and Justin got to the hospital around 12 in the afternoon (with family racing there soon after) and she had Blair around 9:20 that night. Kassie was so amazing and I think Justin did pretty well himself. I only took a few pics but hopefully will have more tomorrow. Unfortunately, Blair had some problems breathing, we only got to see her through the nursery window that night. Around 3:30 in the morning they transported her to Baylor in Dallas and that was really scary. That was a very emotional and sleepless night especially for Kassie and Justin. Luckily, she improved so well the next day they took her out of the NICU and was moved to the normal nursery. Justin called me tonight and she may be going home tomorrow. I'm soooo excited for Justin and Kassie. They are going to make great parents.

(Disclaimer: The pictures are out of order, obviously, I wanted Blair's pic to be first but that didn't happen. And also, Kassie didn't want her pic taken so that's why mama isn't in any of these.)



UNCLE Nathan, talking to Pierson, our cousin's little boy. At this point we were waiting, waiting, waiting....


Can you tell mom is a school teacher? They had a dry erase board in Kassie's room, so mom decorated.


Justin had just told us that Blair had come. You can't tell from this pic, but he definitely had that "new dad" look. It was so precious!


BLAIR LEE!!!! The nurse was putting her under the oxygen hood. She hated that thing. She kept scooting out from under it. Like I said, she was having problems breathing so she was under that thing almost all night. Thank God for nurses and doctors.





The nurse was having to do a lot of work on Blair. She was with her for probably 2 to 3 hours straight. She gave Blair her first bath. Blair was really not happy about that! You can also see some of that dark hair. When I finally got to hold her, I just wanted to hold her forever!

I can't wait to see her again! Sure no one got any sleep Tuesday night and we all missed a few meals (Kassie more than anyone!) but it was absolutely worth it. I love you Blair Lee! Thank God for little babies.

3 comments:

  1. Blair... what a precious name. She is such a cutie! We want MORE pictures though Whitney... SOON!!! Congrats on being an Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I saw Nathan's pictures on facebook and was hoping you'd post about your niece soon. I'm so jealous; I want to be an aunt so bad! I'm glad Blair is healthy and stable now. And she was born on St. Patrick's Day! That's fun!
    I don't mean to be a downer, but I really wish your dad was here to see it. I just wanted you to know that I think about him a lot and miss him. He would have been a great grandpa. I'm sure your mom will spoil Blair enough for both of them, though! You guys are such a precious family. I love how you were all there for the birth. So who's next? You and Clint or Nathan and Laci? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy for you guys. I haven't gotten to talk with your mom yet and can't wait to! Blair is precious and I love how proud you are of her! I miss you....Sallie

    ReplyDelete