Sunday, March 1, 2009

El Paso Trip 2

I'm still new to this blogging thing so I was unable to post all the pics under one post. Anyway, we went to El Paso for Jennee's ( my mother in law) birthday. (Okay, grammatically I know I messed that up, I'm feeling a lot of pressure knowing that an editor, Kayla, reads my blogs.) Anyway, we flew up there Friday afternoon and returned Monday evening. We had a great visit and enjoyed getting to talk and catch up with everyone. Clint and Nick went to shoot guns Saturday morning so I would say that was one of the highlights for him. He also got to play soccer with Connor. Rumor has it Connor whooped up on Uncle Clint...


We went on a walk one day. Lillie and Papa Bill went to go look at a dog that was barking.

Grams showing Lillie the first signs of spring...flowers on the tree.Connor showing Papa Bill the hopscotch he made. I think only Nick, Clint and Connor attempted the hopscotch... It looked pretty hard for us short legged folk.


4 generations



Lillie playing with Grandpa.

The view from Trans- Mountain Road. From up here, you could see into Mexico and New Mexico. We went by the border fence one day. El Paso is right next to Juarez. Nick was saying that the population is like 3 million people. Pretty crazy. It was really great there because there is hardly any humidity. So when it was 75 it really felt like 75!
















2 comments:

  1. No worries! I don't judge grammar on blogs. Plus, I never know how to handle that situation either. I would have written it the same way you did.

    I'm jealous of you getting to experience warm weather! It is supposed to be in the 50s here this weekend, so that's pretty nice. 75 would be a lot nicer, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time!!! NO FEARS when flying. We just got back from Wisconsin (we flew) and I had a "mini panic attack" before we boarded the plane. Even though I've been on a plane before... the thought just scares me sometimes! Glad you guys were able to get away!!!

    ReplyDelete