Friday, April 17, 2009

A Few Rantings...

Okay, this post is going to be a downer because it's about a lot of things that have really been bugging me lately. Also, this one is political so if you don't agree or if you have heard otherwise feel free to comment so that I can also hear other viewpoints.


Yesterday I was listening to NPR and they were talking to a lady who is on Broadway but is also a voice-over on some adult cartoon show. She plays a Christian science teacher. The character displays her Christianity by putting a giant Christian slogan on a bumper sticker across her windshield so that "she can't see". The host of NPR and this woman than went on to say how ludacris and crazy it was that this woman was a Christian science teacher. Apparently, when you are a Christian, you don't believe in science. I mean, come on! How stupid do they think Christians are? Yes, we run around telling people that gravity is fake and the sun is a giant lamp. I am an intelligent person. And when something has been thoroughly researched and shown to be a viable probability, I will believe, unless it conflicts with the Bible. Just because I don't believe that life happened on the back of a crystal (yes, this is an actual theory) or that aliens came and put life on Earth (another actual theory) doesn't make me crazy. In fact, I think you have to be a bit crazy to believe in those theories. I also believe that my God knows more than any scientist sitting in some laboratory. And that makes me very happy. I usually like NPR but this story really upset me.


"Politically Correct" will be the end of us! Apparently, there was a video released in Pakistan of a Muslim woman being beaten. They could only show a snippet of the video on tv because it was so disturbing. The part I saw, they were holding her down, beating her with a stick, while she cried out in pain. So America, democracy, freedom, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, equal rights for all, a city on a hill. What did our president have to say about this?!?!......Well, apparently nothing. Not one word from the White House. What? Are you kidding me? They put this video out there on purpose and nothing????


Don't get me started on the bailout. One word for everybody: local. Bank local, buy local if you can. I'm doing the Dave Ramsey thing on this. I'm not participating in the recession. I'm not going to whine and fret. We got ourselves into this, we have learned some valuable lessons. While I think the car companies need help (in a different way than Government is doing it) the big banks can go belly up for all I care. It's called capitalism. They took advantage of people who couldn't pay their mortgage and now they are paying for it. If I took money from people and then complained when they started running out, I would be one sorry excuse for a human being. But for some reason, they are now going to take MY money that I worked for and give it to the poor billion dollar corporations? By the way, for those that didn't know. Guess who is buying all this debt that we are wracking up? China.

No comments:

Post a Comment